Final Reminders for ACE Students Taking the ACT this Saturday
Confidence is KEY on this test. You have to go in believing that you will do well on this exam. In fact, you will do your BEST ever!
· You have been prepping nearly all summer, if not longer, to get ready. You ARE ready!
· The scores you see here at ACE are just practice meant to build mental stamina and improve skills. What I see with our students, on average, is a 1-4 point(s) increase on the actual test compared to the best score on practice exams. Think positively! You got this!!
· IF you are nervous, take a moment to write out a positive note to yourself in your car before you take the exam. Mindset is everything on these long standardized exams.
· During the test: take moments to breathe, collect your thoughts and regroup during the exam. Your focus on the last question is just as important as your focus on the first question.
· Tackle that exam like you know exactly what to do. Again, confidence is HUGE! Use your strategies, write in your test booklet, etc.
These tips are KEY to a good test result. Don’t sacrifice all this time you have spent studying by staying out too late Friday night!
o Get a good night’s rest (go to bed at a normal time for you).
o Don’t cram with ACT facts the night before the test. Since you have studied for weeks, a last minute study cram session will only make you tired and confused.
o Eat a healthy low carb, high protein breakfast. Bring snacks and water with you to keep you alert and focused.
o Get all of your materials (calculator, pencil, snacks, watch, etc.) ready the night before so if you do run into a few snags in the morning, you are prepared.
o Wake up early and arrive early. Being early helps you feel prepared and relaxed.
Of course, you’ll get a special gift from ACE this week to take with you to test day. :) We are proud of each of you for doing this program and can’t wait to see results! We know you will do an awesome job!