Confidence is KEY on this test. You have to go in believing that you will do well on this exam. In fact, you will do your BEST ever!
· You have been prepping nearly all summer, if not longer, to get ready. You ARE ready!
· The scores you see here at ACE are just practice meant to build mental stamina and improve skills. What I see with our students, on average, is a 1-4 point(s) increase on the actual test compared to the best score on practice exams. Think positively! You got this!!
· IF you are nervous, take a moment to write out a positive note to yourself in your car before you take the exam. Mindset is everything on these long standardized exams.
· During the test: take moments to breathe, collect your thoughts and regroup during the exam. Your focus on the last question is just as important as your focus on the first question.
· Tackle that exam like you know exactly what to do. Again, confidence is HUGE! Use your strategies, write in your test booklet, etc.
These tips are KEY to a good test result. Don’t sacrifice all this time you have spent studying by staying out too late Friday night!
o Get a good night’s rest (go to bed at a normal time for you).
o Don’t cram with ACT facts the night before the test. Since you have studied for weeks, a last minute study cram session will only make you tired and confused.
o Eat a healthy low carb, high protein breakfast. Bring snacks and water with you to keep you alert and focused.
o Get all of your materials (calculator, pencil, snacks, watch, etc.) ready the night before so if you do run into a few snags in the morning, you are prepared.
o Wake up early and arrive early. Being early helps you feel prepared and relaxed.
Of course, you’ll get a special gift from ACE this week to take with you to test day. :) We are proud of each of you for doing this program and can’t wait to see results! We know you will do an awesome job!